Monday, October 13, 2008

The simple things

I was driving home tonight, in a bad mood, after a long day at school. It was one of those moods where you're ready to just be mad, period. It didn't matter that 90% of my day was good. It didn't matter that my husband had just called to see if he could bring dinner home. I kept thinking about the exchange that changed my day (dwelling you might say) when I passed a row of fiery Maple trees and I thought, what's so bad? It may sound hokey, but I suddenly just felt grateful to be here and grateful for the beauty around me.

...But truthfully, it returned and I still can't shake the bad mood.

1 comment:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Very impressed with your honesty, and that you able to let the sun break through for even a short while. Thank you for the beautiful photos. These would inspire anyone. : )
M.L.