Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family Room

This room was a lot of work! The wallpaper was nearly impossible to remove and the walls got really damaged in the process, so we had to retexture. Also painting the wainscoting was not easy, it required lots of taping off and filling in cracks and nail holes (time consuming!) Since I've used dark colors before I was worried that the "barn red" that I chose would be a pain too (lots of coats) but we got some really good quality paint and it covered well-yea! Now for the pictures... Drumroll, please!

Before:


After:

Okay, I cheated, I didn't take a picture behind the couch where the computer desk used to be, but trust me it's wide-open now. I just didn't want you to see the ladder that we used for installing the home theater speakers or the pile of frames that are yet to be hung up :)

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment! I love your new wall colors, very nice!!

Angela said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!
As for the front door, my husband (who works in the office at a building supply store-convenient, huh?) asked one of the managers about it, and he said that with a storm door, pretty much anything is gonna bubble up. Disappointing, isn't it? I'm so tired of our plain white door, but we'd probably have to repaint it about every 3 months! I guess we'll have to think of a new way to dress it up!
By the way, your new paint job looks great! We have the same red on one of our walls in the living room, and a similar taupe on the other three. You did a great job!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great makeover...I love it. I love that color!
-Sandy Toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

No way. I love wainscoting so much and it looks just fabulous with the red. :) Way to go!! I am trying to get my sweet husband to to wainscoting in our living room...maybe this will help inspire him!
Carrie

EmmaJ said...

Heather, the room looks great! I posted a how-to on www.scrappyemma.blogspot.com about how to make the scalloped edge using a corner rounder. I hope my instructions and pictures help to answer you question.